We are looking for a passionate and driven yoga instructor who practices mindfulness both on and off the mat.
About the Studio
The Space is a new yoga studio and holistic wellness centre (offering such alternative health practices like Reiki, Colour/ Sound Healing, Sound Massage, Breathwork Meditation and Intuitive Psychic Readings) based in Fort Saskatchewan, AB, with a mandate to: Offer a yoga and holistic wellness experience unique to the City of Fort Saskatchewan; make yoga practice accessible to all, regardless of age, gender, body type, abilities, financial status and fitness levels; provide a safe space in which to support individuals on their physical and spiritual healing journeys; and to promote values of education, diversity and inclusivity (welcoming of all cultures and of all people experiencing physical and mental challenges).
Candidates must possess sound customer service, and communication skills. Being warm and friendly, and demonstrating inclusivity (ie, the welcoming and accommodation of all cultures and of people experiencing physical and mental challenges) and enthusiasm to contribute beyond listed responsibilities are key. Outstanding problem solving, and interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are also essential. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, to work under pressure, to always maintain a high degree of professionalism, and to think and act quickly and courteously are a must.
- Conduct and lead yoga classes (Vinyasa Flow, Restorative, Hatha, Yin, Restorative, Beginner and other) in hot and warm environments and/or guided meditation classes (unheated)
- Visually assess students to determine their level of practice and to give recommendations and advice on their practice
- Use props in class sequences
- Demonstrate practice and techniques
- Possess the ability to move energy through the body
- Transform energy during the warm-up, build-up and cool-down stages of yoga
- Motivate students with words of encouragement
- Connect with students before, during and after classes
- Make sure the studio rooms are clean, tidy and prepared for the next class
- Offer training recommendations to improve the practice of yoga or meditation
Yoga Instructor Requirements
- Yoga certification
- Minimum of 200 hours of experience
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Education or experience in health and fitness is preferable
- MindBody Online system experience considered an asset
- Liability Insurance
Our class openings include morning/ daytime and weekend time slots
Expected start date: September, 2023
To apply, please send your resume and certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org